Choosing the proper honeymoon registry can be a daunting task when you’re wedding planning. After all, you want to make sure you choose one that will fit your needs and provide the best possible experience for you and your fiancé.
If you’re looking for honeymoon registry sites that offer a wide variety of options and cater to UK couples, then here are your best bets. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at each of these registries and explain what makes them the best in the business.
Is It Tacky to Do a Honeymoon Registry?
As with anything, there are a few pros and cons to using a honeymoon registry in your wedding planning. Some couples feel that it’s tacky to ask for money as a wedding gift, while others love the idea of having their guests contribute to their dream honeymoon wishes. Ultimately, it comes down to what you and your fiancé are comfortable with and if you want to ask for cash gifts from your wedding guests.
There are generally two different approaches to wedding gifts. The traditional wedding gift registry allows guests bring gifts to your big day. The more modernized approach to the wedding gift includes a wedding registry that allows guests to contribute to your honeymoon.
We’ve discovered that guests prefer to use a cash or honeymoon registry site for wedding registries because it eliminates some of the concerns with more traditional wedding registries like:
- The possibility of double gifting
- Couples getting a gift they don’t want
- Guests having to make a transaction in store
- Guests have more options in picking the perfect wedding gift
How Do I Set Up a Honeymoon Fund UK?
Setting up a honeymoon fund is generally the same from one service to the next.
Step 1 - Pick a Platform and Create an Account
Sign up to the platform with your email address to create an account.
Step 2 - Make Your Wedding Registry Personal
Add details about your wedding, including the time, date, and location. Add a brief introduction about yourself and your partner. If you’re struggling with this, there are usually templates available on the platforms.
Step 3 - Add a Wide Range of Gift Options
Start to add items to your honeymoon registry. Add gifts via cash fund items for anything honeymoon related. As an example, you could add a fund to cover your airfare and another for hotel costs.
Step 4 - Launch the Account
Connect your bank account and pay any fees (not all are free). Once you have done this, everything is set up, and you can start distributing the wedding registry link to your guests.
What Are the 3 Best Honeymoon Registry Sites For Your Big Day?
If you’re looking to achieve traveler’s joy, ask your guests to contribute to your wedding honeymoon wishes. These are the best honeymoon fund sites that you can easily add to your wedding website.
Hitchd is a honeymoon fund that primarily focuses on the cash fund wedding gift. With marriage happening later in people’s lives, and couples usually paying for their wedding (mostly) themselves, it can leave little left in the pot for a lavish honeymoon.
Hitchd picked up on this years ago and has been making people’s honeymoon fantasies come true.
- Specially catered towards honeymoon funds
- Add cash contributions or traditional gifts
- Easy-to-use interface for couples and guests
- The sleek, modern design will match any bridal themes
- Popular Gift templates to get you up and running quickly
- Works in over 26 countries
- No Ads
- The no-fuss gift registry site that makes it easy to ask for money
- The best mobile experience of the wedding registries, as voted by Refinery29
- Keeps gifting online for family and friends
- Provide updates after you’re married for your trip around the world
- Thank you card functionality with the option to send physical thank you cards mailed directly to your guests from the Hitchd platform
- Safety - Hitchd doesn’t hold or control your funds.
- No time limit - have your registry for as long as you like
- Free to try, with no time limit.
- One-time fee starting at $99
With cash funds, you get what you pay for - it’s best to view a sample registry on each of the options before you make a decision. View a sample honeymoon registry on Hitchd
Prezola is a company that prides itself on being different. They are an all-in-one registry that allows you to add gifts, cash funds, and experiences to your registry. The great thing about Prezola is that you can use it for anything wedding related. So if you want guests to contribute towards your engagement ring or pay for your first home together, this is the place to do it.
- Guests can shop from any retailer
- Can add physical gifts, a honeymoon fund, and experiences
- One-stop shop for everything wedding related
- % fee on guests contributions
- More expensive if you have a larger honeymoon fund
- Limited website customizability
3. Buy Our Honeymoon
Buy Our Honeymoon does precisely what it says, it allows you to create a register for your honeymoon and collect cash contributions from your guests. One unique feature with Buy Our Honeymoon is that it let you use a secondary currency when you use Stripe, which will be great for those couples with international guests.
- Connected with a travel operator
- Reasonably priced - £49.00 + a small percent processing fee for each contribution
- No Ads
- Ability to have 2 currencies if using Stripe
- Safety - They don’t hold your cash
- No time limit for your registry
- You don’t have the option to pass the fee on to your guests
- 16 design templates, although the designs feel dated.
Having looked at all three services in detail, we recommend using Hitchd if you’re looking for a honeymoon registry fund. The main reason is that it has the best design and the most comprehensive set of features for you and your partner.
You have complete customizability of your website, which allows you to make it your own. Hitchd is rated the best mobile experience, which makes things easier for guests wanting to contribute on the go, there is a reason why couples who use Hitchd receive 65% larger contributions than the industry average.
Overall we recommend Hitchd as the best of the honeymoon registry sites in the UK for couples. Sign up today here.