When it comes to choosing a cash registry, you’ll quickly find there are plenty of options to choose from. But, you’ll want to take your time to find the one that fits your wedding and your guests best.
Thankfully, we’ve scoured the internet so you don’t have to. Here are the top 5 cash wedding registry options available today.
Top 5 Cash Registry Options
If you’re looking for the modern cash wedding registry that helps you every step of the way, Hitchd is just that and more. This registry offers couples a sleek way to ask for cash gifts from wedding guests. Guests can contribute to your honeymoon registry with this cash registry that allows you to use a cash fund for everything you need to create the honeymoon of a lifetime.
- The sleek, modern design will match any bridal themes
- Popular Gift templates to get you up and running quickly
- Works in over 26 countries
- The no-fuss gift registry site that makes it easy to ask for money
- The best mobile experience of the wedding registries, as voted by Refinery29
- Add cash contributions or traditional gifts
- Provides tips on how to make your registry more personal
- Keeps gifting online for family and friends
- Provide updates after you’re married for your trip around the world
- Thank you card functionality with the option to send physical thank you cards mailed directly to your guests from the Hitchd platform
- Completely customizable means it could take time to get it right - best to leverage existing gifting templates
- One-time fee starting at $99
Similar to Hitchd, Zola is a cash wedding registry that allows you to add physical gifts and a honeymoon fund. The all-inclusive package will enable couples to keep their gifts in one place online. For couples looking for a non traditional way to ask for a wedding gift, Zola is another excellent option that allows you to let guests pick what they wish to contribute to your big day.
- All-inclusive site
- Charity donation options are available
- Group purchase capabilities
- Cash gift options (with a fee)
- Discounted gift options
- The fine print is the last thing couples want to deal with on their wedding day
- 2.5% credit card processing fees towards any cash gifts from guests
- Easy to get lost on the mobile app
- Returning gifts can be a pain
- US only
- Many items can go out of stock while listed on your wedding registry
Organized brides will find Joy to be a dream come true. Joy allows you to keep everything in one place from physical gifts to cash gifts. But, wedding registries aren’t the only feature Joy offers. You can also send a save the date and invitation directly through the Joy website.
- Mobile app for guests
- RSVP manager available
- Create a photo album to keep guests in the loop
- Unlimited admins to manage your cash registry
- Wide range of features at zero cost
- Minimal design options for your wedding registry
- Limited to customized fonts and colors only
- Issues with RSVP manager can mix up wedding counts
- Simple developments still lacking
- US only
- Can’t edit the cash registry from the app
4. The Knot
The Knot is a free gift registry to consider for your big day. It seamlessly links to your wedding website, allowing guests to access your registry with a few clicks. If you’re getting married and already have everything you need, The Knot will enable you to link your bank account and receive cash gifts directly through your honeymoon fund set up for your big day. Guests can contribute towards a cash fund via credit card or other options.
- Free to setup
- Marriage Health feature for couples
- A budget tracker helps you keep an eye on your cash gifts
- Partnered with Minted and Wedding Paper Divas
- Add photos from online albums to your wedding website
- Data collected from you and wedding guests is shared with third parties for advertising purposes
- Difficult to update the cash registry from the mobile application
- Cash registry templates feel basic and ordinary
- Not a great option for the larger wedding hosts
- Too many extra features not needed for a simple cash registry
Ask your wedding guests to provide wedding gifts in the form of cash or gift cards through Honeyfund. Similar to Hitchd, Honeyfund allows you to add descriptions to your cash fund to explain what type of experiences you’re looking to fund for your wedding day.
- Free to register
- Transfer to a bank account or PayPal (with a fee)
- No fee for a guest to use
- One of the earliest online registries
- Guests contribute towards gifts together
- Delay from the wedding to when you receive funds
- Focused on cash-based gifts only
- No traditional wedding gifts
- US only
- 2.8% transaction fee + $0.30 for couples
- International users pay an additional 1% transaction fee
Choose Hitchd for Your Cash Wedding Registry
Keep in mind, this list was built around American couples. For Canadian couples, check out the 5 best wedding registries for more info. Keep in mind that Hitchd is a great option for international weddings too!
Hitchd is a new type of cash registry that helps fund your adventure of a lifetime. Think of us as your very own wishing well, Kickstarter, and travel planner, all rolled into one beautiful experience.